Categories: Student Group and Open Group
Submission Deadline: 14 Dec 2020
2nd Proposal Presentation: 2 Feb 2021
2nd Submission - Judging Criteria
2nd Proposal Problem Statement:
Propose a smart transportation solution to solve the traffic problem with the assumption that there will be a 30% increase in vehicle traffic within Science Park in the near future. Your proposed solution should focus on the development & planning of Science Park and refer to the Dos & Don’ts mentioned in the Contestant Briefing.
- Teams are expected to present their Final Proposal on 2 February 2021 at Hong Kong Science and Technology Park.
- Your proposals will be evaluated based on the below Judging Criteria. The judging criteria applies to both Student Group and Open Group.
- The Top teams from each group will be invited to the Final Pitch and STP Launch Ceremony in March 2021.
Impact - Traffic Improvement
Ability to demonstrate the traffic improvement after implement the solution and able to justify the prediction of improvement
- What is the traffic improvement after implemented the solution
- Quantify the no. of vehicles decrease and/ or road capacity increase
- What is the justification of the prediction of improvement (e.g. any simulation, mathematical models, the ground for prediction…)
Business - Cost Effectiveness
Ability to present the cost-effectiveness of the proposed solution
- What is the estimated CAPEX and OPEX (5 Years) for the proposed solution
- Cost effectiveness for implementation and operation
- The sustainability and scalability of the proposed solution
Practicality - Implementation and Operation
Ability to demonstrate the solution is practical, sustainable and Resilient
- Clear description of proposed solution and Fulfilling the needs of the challenge
- Minimize nuisance to the existing traffic, pedestrian and the operation;
- Timeline for implementation
- Demonstrate the sustainability and resilience of the proposed solution
The Team - Capability and Experience
Ability to demonstrate clearly and deliver effectively. To show that the team with good capability in terms of experience, technical capability and project management.
- Clear and well organized presentation
- Team Relevancy in work experience and technical capability
- Leadership and execution capability